The Jade Monkey

I didn't have a superiority complex until inferior people gave me one.

Name:
Location: San Antonio, Texas, United States

11.10.2004

Quotes of the Day

You will have noticed the new feature of this blog, being the "Quote of the Day" in the title bar, which I will continue for as long as I find it interesting or amusing. Technically I guess it should be "Quote of the Day, or Two, or Until I Finally Decide to Change It" since I may not have time to choose a new quote every day, or may just really like a quote so much that I feel it deserves to stick around a little longer (such as this G.K. Chesterton quote, which is one of my favorites).

I may eventually compile a list of all the quotes I've used (maybe I'll just edit them into this post). Occasionally I may use a past or present quote as a prompt for a post.

Today's quote, from Chesterton, is:

The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to close it again on something solid.

My commentary on this for now will simply consist of my 2 corollaries:

1. An open mind is a broken mind. (or at least the perpetually open ones, but that's not as pithy), and

2. Most open minds, like most open mouths, only catch flies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home