The Jade Monkey

I didn't have a superiority complex until inferior people gave me one.

Name:
Location: San Antonio, Texas, United States

11.20.2004

We're Off to See the Wizard

So TBS played The Wizard of Oz tonight, whence comes today's Quote of the Day, in honor of liberals everywhere.

The full exchange (since I apparently can't put line breaks in the About box):

Scarecrow: I haven't got a brain, only straw.
Dorothy: How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
Scarecrow: I don't know, but some people without brains do an awful lot of talking, don't they?
Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

It was a toss up between that and the wizard's more specific attack on academia:

Wizard: Why, anybody can have a brain. That's a very mediocre commodity. Every pusillanimous creature that crawls on the Earth or slinks through slimy seas has a brain. Back where I come from, we have universities, seats of great learning, where men go to become great thinkers. And when they come out, they think deep thoughts and with no more brains than you have. But they have one thing you haven't got: a diploma.

And maybe it's tasteless, but I always look for the hanging munchkin, but never find him. I wouldn't be surprised if he's been edited out, but it's perfectly possible I've just missed him since I've only really tried to spot it a couple times. It's not a movie I watch that often, but I enjoyed it tonight. Plus, it gave me an idea for a song parody about Michael Moore, heehee. I'll have to see if it'll work though.

Trying to come up with something else to talk about tonight, but I've not been feeling too well, it was a long boring day at work, and I'm still seeking approval for my next story before I post (when I write humor I go over each line so often that it becomes so familiar that I get paranoid that I'm inadvertantly copying someone else's work, lol).

Maybe I'll write some really bad poetry. Maybe I'll post mindless links to brilliant stories (of which there are so many now that there's not much I can add, if ever I had the slightest chance of being half so eloquent in the first place) about the disgusting abuse Condeleezza Rice is recieving from the Left in it's desperate attempt to keep African-Americans on their plantation. I am considering drawing another cartoon on the subject, but the drawing skills on display in my first comic should probably tell me to stick to talking heads.

And I just realized that if CBS rebroadcast TAR tonight I missed it again. And that is a very big loss for someone like me, who likes to try and project the winners of these shows based on the editing of the first episode. Curses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home