The Jade Monkey

I didn't have a superiority complex until inferior people gave me one.

Name:
Location: San Antonio, Texas, United States

12.02.2004

Happy Trails

Tom Brokaw. Since I was rather harsh in my last post about him (probably too much so, since it was a retrospective more than hard news, and so some bias could only but creep in, and if the worst I could complain about was some spin, perhaps I'm being too picky), I thought I'd balance that out with some nice words. As I began by saying then, I do like Brokaw and think he was infinitely superior to his colleagues. Network news is losing a lot of what little credibility it had by losing him. Although I've never been a frequent viewer of network news, on the occasions that I did watch, I'd say rather conservatively that Brokaw probably got my business 75% of the time, and last night for his final show was no different.

Good on ya, Tom, and enjoy a well-deserved retirement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home