The Jade Monkey

I didn't have a superiority complex until inferior people gave me one.

Name:
Location: San Antonio, Texas, United States

1.14.2005

Factoid of the day

Final Jeopardy today (category: U.S. Presidents) -

A (paraphrased): The 2 Presidents who were members of the Union party.

Q: Who are Abraham Lincoln and Andrew Johnson? (highlight to read)

I was kinda close - I guessed Grant (although I was pretty sure he had an "R" next to his name), and couldn't think of a second. Turns out the Republicans changed their party name in 1864 and back again 4 years later. But President Elect lists Lincoln/Johnson as Republicans. Excepting the guy that won (and got it right), the others chose early Presidents (like Washington, Adams, Jefferson), which I thought was odd, both because everyone was Democratic-Republican back then, and I instantly associated (as I would assume everyone would) "Union" with the Civil War. The only thing I can imagine they could have been thinking was "We the people of the United States, in order to form a more pefect union..." ??? Oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home