The Jade Monkey

I didn't have a superiority complex until inferior people gave me one.

Name:
Location: San Antonio, Texas, United States

1.13.2005

Rollin' rollin' rollin'

Well, after over a month of (not really) trying (all that hard), I think I've finally managed to figure out how to make a Blogroll of sorts. I don't know if it's the most elegant solution, but it seems to work at the moment.

The "blogroll" header looks a little choppy, and I'm not sure what to do about that (I didn't even know if it would work, as I just substituted the word 'blogroll' into the source code into a copy of the lines that had the 'recent posts' and 'archives' lines - and I couldn't find code for a blogroll in the scribe template that had merely been commented out...I made the same substitution in all the other fields in the codes for recent/archives)

The actual code I created/copy-pasted looks like this (except with angle brackets instead of the square):

[h2 class="sidebar-title"]
[img src="http://www.blogblog.com/scribe/header_blogroll.gif" alt="Blogroll" width="110" height="28" /]
[/h2]

[ul id="blogroll"]
[Blogroll]
[li][a href="http://www.hughhewitt.com"]Hugh Hewitt[/a][/li]
and then the same for the other 2 sites I've added so far, but with their names and links

[/Blogroll]
[/ul]


If a more knowledgeable blogger can see anything I've done wrong/unnecessarily or that can be improved, please let me know. More additions to the blogroll to come, maybe tonight, but certainly tomorrow (and anyone that gives me a better way to do it gets top billing for a month, or maybe forever, who knows) . Those are the 3 that I check just about every day though, so I thought them a good place to start before I went and did anything crazy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home