The Jade Monkey

I didn't have a superiority complex until inferior people gave me one.

Name:
Location: San Antonio, Texas, United States

5.31.2005

Deep Throat revealed

And yet, I really don't care. Mainly because Felt's bloodsucking relatives, who seem to have pushed him to out himself for their own self-aggrandizement and media whoring, want me to. Bob Woodward's initial reluctance in confirming the story seems to confirm that he thought keeping it under wraps was the right thing in consideration of Felt's mental accuity and his true wishes (as an aside, Woodward's still making it big, but you hardly ever hear of Carl Bernstein, unless it is preceeded by "Woodward and..." what up with that?)

The whole Vanity Fair piece is kind of disturbingly masturbatory, a semi-educated disguise of a teenage chat-dweller's "OMG ur so kewl!!!!!!!11111111oneoneone." I'd agree with Captain Ed, who is inclined to see him neither as hero nor traitor, so let's get busy ignoring this so the old man can live his remaining years in peace and his gold-digging daughter recieves not one moment of ill-gotten fame beyond what is absolutely unavoidable.

Update (6/3): CQ (6/1) confirms my initial impression. Disgusting.

1 Comments:

Blogger Barry said...

You captured my feelings precisely. Both about Felt and his family, as well as the proper reaction to the news. I also look at Woodward and Bernstein as neither heroes nor traitors. They were looking to make a name for themselves and they got lucky, now let's get over it.

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home