The Jade Monkey

I didn't have a superiority complex until inferior people gave me one.

Name:
Location: San Antonio, Texas, United States

6.25.2005

Alberto Gonzales

Some have said Gonzales' involvement as WH counsel and/or AG in researching/advocating legalalities of a number of cases that may face the Supreme Court in the coming years would require him to recuse himself, and probably should disqualify him as a SC nominee. I'm not so sure I'm persuaded, though I'd very much like to be (unless Gonzales were to replace Stevens or Ginsburg). Has Ruth Bader Ginsburg ever recused herself from cases in which the ACLU was involved? Of course, I know there's a gigantic double standard when it comes to Republicans and their nominees versus Democrats and their nominees, which should tell me all I need to know.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Samadhi Pada are one of the six darshanas of Hindu or Vedic schools and, alongside the Bhagavad Gita and Hatha Yoga Pradipika, are a milestone in the history of Yoga. The book is a set of 195 aphorisms (sutras), which are short, terse phrases designed to be easy to memorize. Though brief, the Yoga Sutras are an enormously influential work that is just as relevant for yoga philosophy and practice today as it was when it was written.

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home