The Jade Monkey

I didn't have a superiority complex until inferior people gave me one.

Name:
Location: San Antonio, Texas, United States

6.08.2005

Balkanization

KG at California Mafia made a post a week or so ago that I meant to comment on but never did. But seeing how much weight I gave to the Red/Blue divide in my Senate predictions, it seemed like a good time to revisit it. It's an issue that concerns me, too. I'd been thinking a bit about it, and KG gave it the perfect name: balkanization. I am sure it is very not healthy in the long run, but in the short run, with the Democrats' insistence on lockstep obstructionism, it seems we are forced to continue the trend (although as Democrats have long held an overrepresntation in the Senate based on a view of an equal state-by-state electoral map - which is arguably a fair enough approach given the purpose and structure of the Senate - a part of me can't help but see it as long overdue, and just).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home